Rejoice! The Future is Upon Us: Jason Silva LIVE on Big Think
Jason Silva is excited about the future. A futurist, filmmaker, and self-described "epiphany addict," Silva is the creator of a series of powerful short videos about emerging technology that aim to "reverse-engineer wonder."
In this live interview, he spoke with Big Think's Jason Gots about his creative process, Google's self-driving car, and his seemingly boundless optimism for the future of humankind.
Image Credit: Blackspring/Shutterstock.com
Young people could even end up less anxiety-ridden, thanks to newfound confidence
- The coronavirus pandemic may have a silver lining: It shows how insanely resourceful kids really are.
- Let Grow, a non-profit promoting independence as a critical part of childhood, ran an "Independence Challenge" essay contest for kids. Here are a few of the amazing essays that came in.
- Download Let Grow's free Independence Kit with ideas for kids.
Edward Snowden lists services that will protect your privacy with just a few downloads.
We must rethink the "chemical imbalance" theory of mental health.
- A new review found that withdrawal symptoms from antidepressants and antipsychotics can last for over a year.
- Side effects from SSRIs, SNRIs, and antipsychotics last longer than benzodiazepines like Valium or Prozac.
- The global antidepressant market is expected to reach $28.6 billion this year.
Or is doubt a self-fulfilling prophecy?