Neuroscientists Inch Closer to Seeing Your Dreams
Brain decoding is the technique by which neuroscientists are able to decipher what a person is experiencing during a dream.
Brain decoding is the technique by which neuroscientists are able to decipher what a person is experiencing during a dream. Researchers are using MRI scans to detect subtle patterns of activity.
The Nature video below depicts three different uses of brain decoding, "including a virtual reality experiment that could use brain activity to figure out whether someone has been to the scene of a crime."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.