Human: The Most Dangerous Animal
A message from the "Interstellar Safety Council" warns other life forms not to visit Earth, a planet that is governed by "the survival of the fittest."
Humans compete viciously for limited resources. They form complicated tribes that fight with one another. They behave irrationally in all sorts of ways. And yet, humans also possess "a ridiculous tolerance for adversity." That is why, in the spoof video below, the narrator warns his alien viewers in a message from the "Interstellar Safety Council" that humans are to be considered "extremely dangerous."
In other words, other life forms should avoid visiting Earth, a planet that is governed not by cooperation but by "the survival of the fittest."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.