Have Fun, Follow Your Dream, and Extraordinary Success Might Just Follow
Beveridge did what he loved, followed his dream, and ended up beating the odds. Maybe his success is not such a fluke after all.
At first glance, Tito Beveridge, the charismatic founder of Tito's Handmade Vodka, appears to be an unlikely success story, possibly even a complete fluke.
In the video below, Beveridge tells Big Think he didn't set out to build a big nationwide vodka company. He just set out "to meet some girls, write off my bar tab, and maybe make $1,200 a month."
So what's the moral of this story? Beveridge did what he loved, followed his dream, and ended up beating the odds. Maybe his success is not such a fluke after all.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.