Cory Booker on Dreaming the Impossible Dream
"It never hurts to dream impossible dreams," Booker told Big Think, as "you never know they might come true." So if he could have one superpower it would be "control over time," Booker said. "Because that's really my only enemy.
Cory Booker has just acquired some newfound powers. The charismatic mayor of Newark, NJ, has been declared the winner in a special election for the United States Senate.
When Booker sat down for an interview with Big Think, we asked the sci-fi fan what superpower he would like to have, and his answer was revealing.
"It never hurts to dream impossible dreams," Booker told us, as "you never know they might come true." So if he could have one superpower it would be "control over time," Booker said. "Because that's really my only enemy.
Watch the video here:
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.