Calvin Klein: Catnip for Big Cats
Which cologne or perfume makes big cats go absolutely wild? Researchers refuse to say, because they don't want humans testing it out and encroaching on the natural habitat of wild cats any more than they already are. But Calvin Klein's cologne Obsession for Men is certainly a favorite.
Cats of all sizes are extremely sensitive to smell--it's one way they communicate. And a whiff of this Calvin Klein cologne made some big cats behave as though they've just been sprinkled with catnip. Watch the video from National Geographic.
Image credit: DrBartje/Flickr
Both schizophrenics and people with a common personality type share similar brain patterns.
- A new study shows that people with a common personality type share brain activity with patients diagnosed with schizophrenia.
- The study gives insight into how the brain activity associated with mental illnesses relates to brain activity in healthy individuals.
- This finding not only improves our understanding of how the brain works but may one day be applied to treatments.
It's a development that could one day lead to much better treatments for osteoporosis, joint damage, and bone fractures.
- Scientists have isolated skeletal stem cells in adult and fetal bones for the first time.
- These cells could one day help treat damaged bone and cartilage.
- The team was able to grow skeletal stem cells from cells found within liposuctioned fat.
Gut bacteria play an important role in how you feel and think and how well your body fights off disease. New research shows that exercise can give your gut bacteria a boost.
- Two studies from the University of Illinois show that gut bacteria can be changed by exercise alone.
- Our understanding of how gut bacteria impacts our overall health is an emerging field, and this research sheds light on the many different ways exercise affects your body.
- Exercising to improve your gut bacteria will prevent diseases and encourage brain health.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.