Which cologne or perfume makes big cats go absolutely wild? Researchers refuse to say, because they don't want humans testing it out and encroaching on the natural habitat of wild cats any more than they already are. But Calvin Klein's cologne Obsession for Men is certainly a favorite.
Cats of all sizes are extremely sensitive to smell--it's one way they communicate. And a whiff of this Calvin Klein cologne made some big cats behave as though they've just been sprinkled with catnip. Watch the video from National Geographic.
Image credit: DrBartje/Flickr
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Using a new process, a mini-brain develops retinal cells.
- Mini-brains, or "neural organoids," are at the cutting edge of medical research.
- This is the first one that's started developing eyes.
- Stem cells are key to the growing of organoids of various body parts.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.