10 Discoveries Unexplained by Science
How do placebo pills reduce pain and even improve symptoms in Parkinson's patients?What causes fireballs to allegedly shoot from Thailand's Mekong River? And what is making that insanely annoying humming noise in Taos, New Mexico? This and other mysteries are featured in this video of 10 discoveries that science has yet to explain:
Image credit: Kitsadakron_Photography/Shutterstock
"It's about having employees that are empowered."
Denmark may be the birthplace of the Lego tower, but its workplace hierarchy is the flattest in the world.
According to the World Economic Forum's Global Competitiveness Report 2018, the nation tops an index measuring "willingness to delegate authority" at work, beating 139 other countries.
We all know sleeping with your ex is a bad idea, or is it?
- In the first study of its kind, researchers have found sex with an ex didn't prevent people from getting over their relationship.
- Instead of feeling worse about their breakup after a hookup, the new singles who attempted sexual contact with their ex reported feeling better afterwards.
- The findings suggest that not every piece of relationship advice is to be taken at face value.
Want a happy, satisfying relationship? Psychologists say the best way is to learn to take a joke.
- New research looks at how partners' attitudes toward humor affects the overall quality of a relationship.
- Out of the three basic types of people, people who love to be laughed at made for better partners.
- Fine-tuning your sense of humor might be the secret to a healthy, happy, and committed relationship.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.