Always Late and Over Budget? How to Stop Underestimating.
Decision Academy, brought to you by ClearerThinking.org in association with Big Think Mentor uses insights from cognitive science to help people recognize their own blind spots and make better decisions.
ClearerThinking.org helps individuals hone their decision making skills and avoid common thinking traps. Our suite of free, online courses, which are now available in association with Big Think Mentor, will teach you useful skills that you can immediately apply in your life.
About Big Think Mentor: Big Think Mentor on YouTube offers a core curriculum for 21st century life and work. A lifelong learning platform for adults, Mentor offers video workshops and live Google+ hangouts with world-class experts such as Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sir Ken Robinson, and Dr. Andrew Weil, and teaches the habits of mind and interpersonal skills we need to live happier, healthier, more productive lives.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.