Rhetorical Fallacies - Dodging Argument Traps | Decision Academy Part 2
Decision Academy, brought to you by ClearerThinking.org in association with Big Think Mentor uses insights from cognitive science to help people recognize their own blind spots and make better decisions.
ClearerThinking.org helps individuals hone their decision making skills and avoid common thinking traps. Our suite of free, online courses, which are now available in association with Big Think Mentor, will teach you useful skills that you can immediately apply in your life.
About Big Think Mentor: Big Think Mentor on YouTube offers a core curriculum for 21st century life and work. A lifelong learning platform for adults, Mentor offers video workshops and live Google+ hangouts with world-class experts such as Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sir Ken Robinson, and Dr. Andrew Weil, and teaches the habits of mind and interpersonal skills we need to live happier, healthier, more productive lives.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.