Mastery is a Skill You Can Master – LIVE with Robert Greene
Find out how as we chat LIVE with Robert Greene at 1:30 PM Eastern on 8/7/2013
The word "mastery" conjures up images of violin virtuosi like Joshua Bell, but Robert Greene, author of Mastery and teacher of the Big Think Mentor workshop "How to Achieve Mastery" convincingly demonstrates that mastery is a process that humans have been refining for centuries. By breaking down the steps involved in achieving mastery in your life's work, whatever that may be, Greene demystifies the process and shows that it is as relevant and achievable today as it was in the time of Mozart.
Robert Greene, Big Think editor Jason Gots, and members of our Big Think Mentor community met on 8/7 in a Google Hangout On-Air to discuss proven strategies for identifying and mastering your life's work.
Big Think Mentor is Big Think's lifelong learning channel for personal and professional growth. Mentor connects world-class teacher/practicioners like Neil deGrasse Tyson, Maria Konnikova, Sir Ken Robinson, Andrew Weill, MD, and Tim Ferriss with a global community of smart, driven users to teach the habits of mind and people skills we all need to live happier, healthier, more productive lives.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A NASA astronomer explains how astronauts dispose of their, uh, dark matter.
- When nature calls in micro-gravity, astronauts must answer. Space agencies have developed suction-based toilets – with a camera built in to ensure all the waste is contained before "flushing".
- Yes, there have been floaters in space. The early days of space exploration were a learning curve!
- Amazingly, you don't need gravity to digest food. Peristalsis, the process by which your throat and intestines squeeze themselves, actually moves food and water through your digestive system without gravity at all.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.