Quit Guessing: How to Make Better Sense of Uncertainty.
Decision Academy, brought to you by ClearerThinking.org in association with Big Think Mentor uses insights from cognitive science to help people recognize their own blind spots and make better decisions.
ClearerThinking.org helps individuals hone their decision making skills and avoid common thinking traps. Our suite of free, online courses, which are now available in association with Big Think Mentor, will teach you useful skills that you can immediately apply in your life.
About Big Think Mentor: Big Think Mentor on YouTube offers a core curriculum for 21st century life and work. A lifelong learning platform for adults, Mentor offers video workshops and live Google+ hangouts with world-class experts such as Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sir Ken Robinson, and Dr. Andrew Weil, and teaches the habits of mind and interpersonal skills we need to live happier, healthier, more productive lives.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.