Three Key Lessons from Obama's Digital Wunderkind
Teddy Goff is the social media rock star who served as Digital Director of Obama's 2008 and 2012 campaigns. Here's what everyone can learn from his success.
Teddy Goff is the social media rock star who served as Digital Director of Obama's 2008 and 2012 campaigns. Here's what he did in the last election cycle:
-Raised over $690 million online
-Generated more than 133 million video views
-Built a Facebook fan base of 45 million people
-Built a Twitter following of 33 million people
Goff has gone on to found Precision, a new firm of "top-shelf Obama alumni" who aim to help clients message, manage, and mobilize. So what can project managers in the business world learn from Goff about the use of digital communications and social media?
In a lesson on Big Think Edge, the only forum on YouTube designed to help you get the skills you need to be successful in a rapidly changing world, Goff presents three key ideas derived from his success with the Obama campaign. These are:
Don’t be lame. Be interesting. Make content relevant. Illuminate the story. Use humor. Inspire.
Fundraising / Sales
Rely on analytics. Test and optimize against a baseline of something emotive. Make people feel like they’re part of a community.
Organizing / Creating Brand Evangelists
Harness the values that underlie digital platforms. Craft open, transparent messaging that empowers ordinary people. Create communications tools that connect marketing teams and consumers in authentic ways.
Sign up for a free trial subscription on Big Think Edge and watch Goff's lesson here:
Watch the video below and sign up for your free trial to Big Think Edge today.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
SpaceX plans to launch about 12,000 internet-providing satellites into orbit over the next six years.
- SpaceX plans to launch 1,600 satellites over the next few years, and to complete its full network over the next six.
- Blanketing the globe with wireless internet-providing satellites could have big implications for financial institutions and people in rural areas.
- Some are concerned about the proliferation of space debris in Earth's orbit.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.