Tim Ferriss: How to escape the procrastination quicksand
What would you really like to get done? Beat your procrastination once and for all, with Big Think Edge.
- A subscription to Big Think Edge unlocks a vast range of actionable video lessons. Watch world-class experts teach crucial skills like negotiation, divergent thinking, decision-making, and leadership skills.
Nobody knows how to beat procrastination better than lifehacker and entrepreneur Tim Ferriss. From breaking down a complex goal into bite-sized tasks to prioritizing effectively and setting motivational deadlines, Ferriss is a master of the science of getting what you want to get done, done — whether that's climbing Mount Everest or balancing your checkbook.
Tim Ferriss teaches "Beat Procrastination: Jedi Mind Tricks for Getting Things Done" at Big Think Edge.
Whatever you want to achieve, a 1-year subscription to Big Think Edge is a smart way to teach yourself the skills you'll need to make it happen.
Tim Ferriss' crash course on productivity is just the tip of the iceberg. A subscription to Big Think Edge gives you access to an ever-growing selection of immediately applicable lessons for improving your decision-making, relationships, life satisfaction, and much, much more. It's a manual for your mind – and we add 3 fresh videos every week.
- 11 Practical Ways To Stop Procrastination ›
- 5 Ways to Finally Stop Procrastinating | Psychology Today ›
- How to Stop Procrastinating by Using the "2-Minute Rule" ›
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
Beyond Beef sizzles and marbleizes just like real beef, Beyond Meat says.
- Shares of Beyond Meat opened at around $200 on Tuesday morning, falling to nearly $170 by the afternoon.
- Wall Street analysts remain wary of the stock, which has been on a massive hot streak since its IPO in May.
- Beyond Meat faces competition from Impossible Foods and, as of this week, Tyson.
The most valuable college majors will prepare students for a world right out a science fiction novel.
- The future of work is going to require a range of skills learned that take into account cutting edge advancements in technology and science.
- The most valuable college majors in the future will prepare students for new economies and areas of commerce.
- Mathematics, engineering and science related educational majors will become an ubiqitous feature of the new job market.
A recent study used data from the Big Five personality to estimate psychopathy prevalence in the 48 contiguous states and Washington, D.C.
- The study estimated psychopathy prevalence by looking at the prevalence of certain traits in the Big Five model of personality.
- The District of Columbia had the highest prevalence of psychopathy, compared to other areas.
- The authors cautioned that their measurements were indirect, and that psychopathy in general is difficult to define precisely.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.