The Mother's Day gift your mom will actually want
This year, go for originality over flowers. Big Think Edge is 50% off for Mother's Day.
- Get a 1-year subscription to Big Think Edge for your mom this Mother's Day! A subscription gets you access to our premium video learning platform.
- Confidence is not the same as self-esteem, says Claire Shipman in her lesson for Big Think Edge. It is an action you take.
Where does confidence come from? How does it grow?
Claire Shipman has devoted her career to helping women find deep confidence by setting themselves worthy challenges, and sometimes through overcoming social programming that can hold them back. She's just one of the many master teachers sharing practical wisdom for life and career on Big Think Edge. And now through May 15th, you can give Mom full access to Edge for a year, at 50% off.
Whatever your mom's personal or professional interests, Big Think Edge offers challenging, supportive, deeply rewarding learning pathways that will excite her curiosity. What better gift could you give her?
Why subscribe to Big Think Edge?
Claire Shipman's lesson "Mastering the Confidence Code: Confidence 101" is just the tip of the iceberg. A subscription to Big Think Edge gives access to an ever-growing treasure trove of immediately applicable video lessons for improving your decision-making, relationships, life satisfaction, and much, much more. We add new lessons each week to help our subscribers in their pursuit of lifelong learning.
Here's what our current subscribers are saying
"Many of my friends complain about not being able to educate themselves with diverse ideas and material after college (and reading a book seems less efficient). Big Think Edge is enrichment material for the intellectual devoted to lifelong learning. I tell my friends about it all of the time."
- Why giving gifts brings you more happiness than receiving them ... ›
- Mother's Day & Households of One: Older Women and a Global ... ›
Who is to blame for the U.S.'s dismal college graduation rate? "Radical" educator Dennis Littky has a hunch.
- COVID-19 has magnified the challenges that underserved communities face with regard to higher education, such as widening social inequality and sky-high tuition.
- At College Unbound, where I am president, we get to know students individually to understand what motivates them, so they can build a curriculum based on goals they want to achieve.
- My teaching mantra: Everything is permitted during COVID-19. Everything is permitted during COVID-19. Everything is permitted during COVID-19.
Meteorologists propose a stunning new explanation for the mysterious events in the Bermuda Triangle.
One of life's great mysteries, the Bermuda Triangle might have finally found an explanation. This strange region, that lies in the North Atlantic Ocean between Bermuda, Miami and San Juan, Puerto Rico, has been the presumed cause of dozens and dozens of mind-boggling disappearances of ships and planes.
What does it mean to "lead without authority"?
The planet that we are searching for is a little bit smaller and closer than we originally thought.
- Years ago, California Institute of Technology professor Konstantin Batygin was inspired to embark on a journey of discovering what lurked beyond Neptune. What he and his collaborator discovered was a strange field of debris.
- This field of debris exhibited a clustering of orbits, and something was keeping these orbits confined. The only plausible source would be the gravitational pull of an extra planet—Planet Nine.
- While Planet Nine hasn't been found directly, the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. And Batygin is confident we'll return to a nine-planet solar system within the next decade.