Did you get your smarts from your mom? Time to return the favor.
This Mother's Day, give the gift of knowledge. Get 50% off Big Think Edge.
- Get a 1-year subscription to Big Think Edge for your mom this Mother's Day! A subscription unlocks dozens of lessons on our premium video learning platform.
- Big Think Edge teaches crucial skills like negotiation, divergent thinking, decision-making, and leadership skills.
Why get Big Think Edge for Mother's Day?
For all the progress we've made as a society, women still retire with ⅔ the savings of men, and live 6-8 years longer, making up 80% of the population of retirement homes (which are expensive). This is important information your mom should know. As CEO and founder of Ellevest, Sallie Krawcheck's approach has been to empower women to invest more actively rather than leaving their financial freedom up to men or to fate.
In Krawcheck's Big Think Edge lesson, she teaches how to negotiate more wisely to secure your financial future. That's something every mom should know. And if your mom is already a financial wizard, Big Think Edge has an enormous library of skills-based lessons on conquering procrastination, heightening executive presence, seeking inner peace, or kickstarting a second career. Full of lessons and learning paths from some of the world's most accomplished people, Edge is a fun and flexible way to make yourself a happier, more successful whatever-you-want-to-be.
Now through May 15th, a year's subscription to Big Think Edge is 50% off. That's an extraordinary, once-in-a-year chance to show your mom you're looking out for her, and to give her the love and support she needs to keep looking out for herself.
Big Think Edge adds new videos every single week so our subscribers can keep learning. Watch world-class doers and thinkers like journalist Malcolm Gladwell, actor and woodworker Nick Offerman, and World Series poker champion Liv Boeree teach the most important skills of the 21st century. Here is a small glimpse of our vast library of lessons:
Offer expires May 15.
- 2019 Unique Mother's Day Gifts She'll Love | The Grommet® ›
- 34 Best Mother's Day Gifts 2019 – Unique Gift Ideas She'll Actually ... ›
- 55 Best Mother's Day Gifts 2019 - Unique Gift Ideas for Mother's Day ›
As religious diversity increases in the United States, we must learn to channel religious identity into interfaith cooperation.
- Religious diversity is the norm in American life, and that diversity is only increasing, says Eboo Patel.
- Using the most painful moment of his life as a lesson, Eboo Patel explains why it's crucial to be positive and proactive about engaging religious identity towards interfaith cooperation.
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.
Here's why you might eat greenhouse gases in the future.
- The company's protein powder, "Solein," is similar in form and taste to wheat flour.
- Based on a concept developed by NASA, the product has wide potential as a carbon-neutral source of protein.
- The man-made "meat" industry just got even more interesting.
When it comes to sniffing out whether a source is credible or not, even journalists can sometimes take the wrong approach.
- We all think that we're competent consumers of news media, but the research shows that even journalists struggle with identifying fact from fiction.
- When judging whether a piece of media is true or not, most of us focus too much on the source itself. Knowledge has a context, and it's important to look at that context when trying to validate a source.