Remind your mom that she's your rock. Give her 12 months of life-changing learning.
If the apple didn't fall far from the tree, this is a gift your mom will actually want.
- Get a 1-year subscription to Big Think Edge for your mom this Mother's Day! A subscription unlocks our premium learning platform – and it's 50% off until May 15.
- Moms have given us decades of support, but who is supporting her? Our library of world-class experts will teach her skills and lessons that make her even stronger and smarter.
When we're kids, if we're lucky, our parents teach us how to push back against self-pity, self-judgment, and defeatism. "You can do it!" they remind us. "Don't be so hard on yourself!"
The ability to recognize, contain, and reverse the tide of negative self-talk is an essential survival skill, and it's something we have to learn over and over again.
With Mother's Day approaching, we're thinking about...who else? Mom. And wondering who's there to remind her how strong and how valuable she is. If she's lucky, you're there. And if she's extra bonus lucky, so is Big Think Edge.
Now through May 15th, in honor of moms everywhere and in support of their lifelong learning, a year's subscription to Edge is 50% off. It's a priceless companion on your mom's ongoing journey. And it's almost as good company as you are!
Former Navy SEAL David Goggins teaches just one of the many life and career skills Big Think Edge offers—skills that can support your mom in achieving lifelong goals, calming anxiety, getting a second career or a side hustle on track, and much more.
Big Think Edge adds new videos every week so our subscribers can keep learning. Watch world-class doers and thinkers like podcaster and author Gretchen Rubin, actor Bryan Cranston, and Harvard professor Linda Hill teach the most important skills of the 21st century, in the palm of your hand. Here is a small glimpse of our vast library of lessons:
Offer expires May 15.
E-cigarettes may be safer than traditional cigarettes, but they come with their own risks.
- A new study used an MRI machine to examine how vaping e-cigarettes affects users' cardiovascular systems immediately after inhalation.
- The results showed that vaping causes impaired circulation, stiffer arteries and less oxygen in their blood.
- The new study adds to a growing body of research showing that e-cigarettes – while likely safer than traditional cigarettes – are far from harmless.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
The Lumina Foundation lays out steps for increasing access to quality post-secondary education credentials.
- America's post-high school education landscape was not created with the modern student in mind. Today, clear and flexible pathways are necessary to help individuals access education that can help them lead a better life.
- Elizabeth Garlow explains the Lumina Foundation's strategy to create a post-secondary education system that works for all students. This includes credential recognition, affordability, a more competency-based system, and quality assurance.
- Systemic historic factors have contributed to inequality in the education system. Lumina aims to close those gaps in educational attainment.
- In 2019, Lumina Foundation and Big Think teamed up to create the Lumina Prize, a search to find the most innovative and scalable ideas in post-secondary education. You can see the winners of the Lumina Prize here – congratulations to PeerForward and Greater Commons!