Develop mindfulness to boost your creative intelligence
Sharon Salzberg, world-renowned mindfulness leader, teaches meditation at Big Think Edge.
- Try meditation for the first time with this guided lesson or, if you already practice, enjoy being guided by a world-renowned meditation expert.
- Sharon Salzberg teaches mindfulness meditation for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge to become a powerhouse thinker and doer.
This mindfulness lesson dispels common myths about meditation and offers a simple guided meditation that you can do anywhere. With repeated practice, this meditation will help you manage your emotions and gain access to your creative intelligence.
Subscribe to Big Think Edge and you'll learn first-hand from Sharon Salzberg, a New York Times bestselling author and co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society, one of the most prominent meditation centers in the Western world. Under her guidance, you'll learn what to expect from meditation and the best ways to challenge yourself and observe your thoughts.
In moments when you need to find focus or clear your mind for a creative task ahead, Sharon Salzberg's "Develop mindfulness" lesson for Big Think Edge is an invaluable respite and training ground for your mind – one that you can return to over and over again as your life's and career's challenges evolve.
Subscribe to Big Think Edge to boost your mental focus and gain a competitive advantage in your field.
- Mindfulness Isn't Just Trendy, It's a Powerful Tool - Big Think ›
- Joseph Goldstein – Lighten Up: mindfulness, enlightenment, and ... ›
- Mindfulness: a beginner's guide | Life and style | The Guardian ›
- How to practice mindfulness: Expert tips on learning to embrace the ... ›
- How to Practice Mindfulness: The Quick and Easy Guide to Learning ... ›
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
We're talking Ghost in the Shell type of stuff.
Maybe you watched Ghost in the Shell and maybe afterwards you and your friend had a conversation about whether or not you would opt in for some bionic upgrades if that was possible - like a liver that could let you drink unlimitedly or an eye that could give you superhuman vision. And maybe you had differing opinions but you concluded that it's irrelevant because the time to make such choices is far in the future. Well, it turns out, it's two years away.
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.