Achieve your goals: The science of productivity
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Charles Duhigg explains how to meld ambition with reality at Big Think Edge.
- Learn to set stretch goals, create an effective to-do list, and think SMART.
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Charles Duhigg teaches the science of productivity for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge to experience mentorship like never before.
Is your to-do list killing your productivity? It's entirely possible. Most people's instinctive approach to daily goal-setting is to grab a piece of paper and jot down tasks from easiest to most resource-intensive. Psychologically, this has a "mood repair" advantage because it feels good to cross a bunch of things off your list quickly. But in terms of productivity, it's a disaster.
Subscribe to Big Think Edge and you'll learn the science of productivity from Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Charles Duhigg. Embrace the skills, mindsets and methods that will not only help you achieve your goals, but make sure you've chosen the right goals in the first place. Those who get ahead know where they're going.
One of the things that we know about the most productive people and the most productive companies is that they do a really good job at choosing the right goals. Because if you're running towards the wrong finish line, it does not matter how hard your arms are pumping. You're still moving in a bad direction.
– Charles Duhigg
Subscribe to Big Think Edge to boost your productivity and achieve your goals.
- Goal Setting Is Only Half the Process. Next, Set Fears, says Tim Ferriss ›
- Goal Setting Fails—Set a System Instead - Big Think ›
Suffering can buffer us, and make us more polished versions of ourselves — if we have the right attitude.