Trusting your instincts is lazy: Poker pro Liv Boeree on Big Think Edge
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to make decisions with the clarity of a World Series Poker Champion.
- Liv Boeree teaches analytical thinking for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge to experience the best learning online.
"Trust your instincts!" "Go with your gut!" These popular nuggets of advice appeal to something deep in our nature—a distaste for unresolved complexity. We want solutions, and we want them fast. The trouble is, our brains are notoriously bad at making quick decisions.
Subscribe to Big Think Edge and you'll learn from Liv Boeree, World Series Poker Champion and a sharp thinker under extreme pressure, what it takes to make a good decision and boost your analytical 'system 2' brain.
In her "Use intuition as a last resort" lesson for Big Think Edge, Boeree teaches the limits of what your gut instinct can tell you, and how to sharpen your decision-making skills with lessons from poker that can be extrapolated into any area of life and work. If you ever wanted to know what it's like inside the mind of a World Series Poker Champion, who is also the 5th highest grossing female poker player of all time and has a degree in physics, this is your chance.
Subscribe to Big Think Edge to sharpen your analytical tool kit and make better decisions, faster.
- 4 Tips to Help You Make Better, More Ethical Decisions - Big Think ›
- A guide to making better decisions ›
- Diversity Leads to Better Decisions - Big Think ›
When adults are challenged to behave like adults, by a child, they can go in one of two directions.