big idea, but where do I go from here?
So I have this big idea, even have a buyer in my target market - sample is due on their desk the first week of February 2009 (I almost feel like Gates selling DOS without having the OS built yet *snicker*). Currently there is nothing in the market that addresses what my niche product does, an idea that I've been developing since April of this year - with medical science on my side and 20 years of research to back it up. There is also another party interested in my product idea for their employees (second target market), so I want to strike while the iron's hot, eventually going global.
Not looking to launch a formal business because purchasing might be made through an existing B2B relationship, so hopefully that will not be an issue. Everything else looks promising except no capital to get it off the ground: soft patent, copyright, supplemental facts and FDA requirements, plus bulk purchase of co-mingled product, package printing, shipping - and the lawyer to seal the deal.
I am a designer/programmer for print and web but know nothing about the business of inventing or trusting investors with my big idea.
Where do I find trusted investors and how do you suggest I make that February deadline?
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.