As we all know, space is currently considered to be "the final frontier". However, once we have accomplished the goal of planetary colonisation, where do we go from there? What lies beyond space? Personally, I think that when you consider how it took less than 100 years to go from the wright brothers plane to the space shuttle, interdimensional travel could be possible within the next 1000 years. Of course there are variables (will we have blown ourselves up by then?), but apart from that, what are your thoughts?
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Using a new process, a mini-brain develops retinal cells.
- Mini-brains, or "neural organoids," are at the cutting edge of medical research.
- This is the first one that's started developing eyes.
- Stem cells are key to the growing of organoids of various body parts.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.