Best of me
In life, I would like to show my best aspect to my boyfriend because I do not want him to think that I am not the people that he will marry. To tell the truth, he also loves me the same as I love him. In my mind, he is very great and handsome and nobody can replace of him. According to the arrangement, we will marry with each other in a few years when we can afford a set of house. Therefore, as for him, he will face a kind of large pressure from the reality to do his best to go through the hard time. Of course, I am willing to stand in the same line with him just for our common goal.Because we do not have much working experiences, we can not look for a job with high wage which will decide how our life will be in the future. But although the fact is so cruel that we can find a satisfied work, we still have the courage to change this kind of condition because we believe that we can finish our common goal that we stay together in the near future. On occasional chance, we see a piece of advertisement that is published on a website to employ someone who can have a good command of English. After looking through the details on the advertisement, I consider that I can be the one that the company is seeking for to. Hence, I send an E-mail to the company which sells some rappelz rupees and inquire something about the position. To my lucky, I receive the notice that the boss gives me a chance for the face-to-face interview. As a result, I pass the first interview and can work in the company as soon as I can. Talking about the work, I am responsible for writing some articles on the rappelz gold which is the key to the net game and then post them to some blogs to hope that someone who want to buy rupees from the company. Indeed, there are different kinds of rappelz money that they can choose and most of important is that plenty of cheap rappelz rupees can be found in it.After finishing that interview, I tell the good news to my boyfriend to show that I am the best one for him and he is also very glad to say that there is hope around us and promises that he will try his best to find a reasonable job.
Step inside the unlikely friendship of a former ACLU president and an ultra-conservative Supreme Court Justice.
- Former president of the ACLU Nadine Strossen and Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia were unlikely friends. They debated each other at events all over the world, and because of that developed a deep and rewarding friendship – despite their immense differences.
- Scalia, a famous conservative, was invited to circles that were not his "home territory", such as the ACLU, to debate his views. Here, Strossen expresses her gratitude and respect for his commitment to the exchange of ideas.
- "It's really sad that people seem to think that if you disagree with somebody on some issues you can't be mutually respectful, you can't enjoy each other's company, you can't learn from each other and grow in yourself," says Strossen.
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.
Learn how to redesign your job for maximum reward.
- Broaching the question "What is my purpose?" is daunting – it's a grandiose idea, but research can make it a little more approachable if work is where you find your meaning. It turns out you can redesign your job to have maximum purpose.
- There are 3 ways people find meaning at work, what Aaron Hurst calls the three elevations of impact. About a third of the population finds meaning at an individual level, from seeing the direct impact of their work on other people. Another third of people find their purpose at an organizational level. And the last third of people find meaning at a social level.
- "What's interesting about these three elevations of impact is they enable us to find meaning in any job if we approach it the right way. And it shows how accessible purpose can be when we take responsibility for it in our work," says Hurst.
Erik Verlinde has been compared to Einstein for completely rethinking the nature of gravity.
- The Dutch physicist Erik Verlinde's hypothesis describes gravity as an "emergent" force not fundamental.
- The scientist thinks his ideas describe the universe better than existing models, without resorting to "dark matter".
- While some question his previous papers, Verlinde is reworking his ideas as a full-fledged theory.
TuSimple, an autonomous trucking company, has also engaged in test programs with the United States Postal Service and Amazon.
PAUL RATJE / Contributor
- This week, UPS announced that it's working with autonomous trucking startup TuSimple on a pilot project to deliver cargo in Arizona using self-driving trucks.
- UPS has also acquired a minority stake in TuSimple.
- TuSimple hopes its trucks will be fully autonomous — without a human driver — by late 2020, though regulatory questions remain.