Being Familiar With Postmodernism
Lately, I have been learning a lot about reaching the postmodern generation for Christ. In order for Christians to reach those with the postmodern/relativism view, they must get into the lives of those people. They do this by being familiar with the music, literature and icons of the postmodern generation. This is necessary because we have to know what this generation is being fed in the media. Knowing what the postmodern generation believes helps the Christian to know exactly how to share the gospel with those who do not believe in any absolute truth. I used to think that getting involved with postmodern media was just a waste of time and was not necessary to witness. However, I now see the point of seeing exacatly where people are at and why they reject Christianity. What better way to reach a person for Christ than to show them concern for their beliefs. Although I see the need to be familiar with the media and secular worldviews, God also calls Christians to be holy and blameless in the world. Basically, I am wondering where to draw the line between knowing what is in the world and staying away from evil. Since God calls us to witness to a world that disobeys him, it takes careful planning on the Christian's part to be familiar while not being involved.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.