What do you WANT the truth to be? Do you want the truth to be, no God, and this one life is it? Or..do you want the truth to be that there is a God, or something that harbors the knowledge of everything, an energy, something like the energy in our heads (not the description or God in all the religions you guys love so much). Something that can allow you to love unconditionally (Heaven in real life)? Something that allows you to take control and steer the wheel. Something that allows you to live forever and knows your true life? Even if you don't believe God is true would you hope for that? Honestly do you not want to live forever? Do you want it to be proven that there is no God? I know you know I'm just trying to get you to say, you hope there is a God.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
The Green New Deal is an ambitious attempt to fight climate change, but is it destined to hit the political skids?
- Recent protests by the Sunrise Movement have taken the Green New Deal from forgotten policy to trending hashtag.
- The Green New Deal aims to move the U.S. to 100% renewable energy within a decade.
- Proponents also hope to catalyze a top-down restructuring of the U.S. economy and advance social justice issues.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.