Atheism vs. Religion
It is near impossible to argue against religion seeing that those on the side of a "prime mover", use faith as their argument. This creates a problem seeing that it cannot be proven or disproved. What is bewildering to me is that religion of any form is the only aspect of our lives that needs no proof. An extremely simple example would be this: If I were to tell a room full of people that I could fly, they would not simply believe me, they would ask for a demonstration or some form of proof. This is understandable. Why then do we not ask the same of God? Is it a fear of the unknown or is there perhaps something more there?
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Using a new process, a mini-brain develops retinal cells.
- Mini-brains, or "neural organoids," are at the cutting edge of medical research.
- This is the first one that's started developing eyes.
- Stem cells are key to the growing of organoids of various body parts.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.