Atheism, the greatest evil?
Outgoing Archbishop of Westminster pays out on the greatest evil in society. In the middle of another round of paedophile priests revelations in Ireland, he's indentified it as athiesm.
Archbishop Murphy-O'Connor recently said athiests and secularists were 'not fully human'. He's followed this bigotted tripe with another swipe during the ceremony to welcome the new Archbishop Of Westminster.
'What is most crucial is the prayer that we express every day in the Our Father, when we say, deliver us from evil. The evil we ask to be delivered from is not essentially the evil of sin, though that is clear, but in the mind of Jesus, it is more importantly a loss of faith. For Jesus, the inability to believe in God and to live by faith is the greatest of evils.'
Tolerance? If and atheist were to vilify the religious in this way in some countries we'd be locked up.
Interesting how he claims to know the mind of Jesus so intimately. Seems the ruminations of a quasi-mythical dead 2000 year old guy are clear on unbelievers but silent on child abusers?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study from Oregon State University makes it clear: it's you.
- Researchers discovered that the more attention you give a cat, the more likely they are to return it.
- Cats are territorial; being in their home environment greatly affects their attitude.
- The common wisdom that cats are aloof is provably false.
10 of the most sandbagging, red-herring, and effective logical fallacies.
- Many an otherwise-worthwhile argument has been derailed by logical fallacies.
- Sometimes these fallacies are deliberate tricks, and sometimes just bad reasoning.
- Avoiding these traps makes disgreeing so much better.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- Creating a more connected world and indexing the world's information: what could be better than that?
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.