Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines...archaic??
Understanding that having "some" sort of military is probably necessary. However, is there a need for such a massive military? Historically speaking, having a large military was more practical once upon a time, when the world was less civilized, when the world's peace was susceptible to a random war-monger attempting to occupy any land that he (or she) pleases?
oh sh!t, funny thing is, as I'm typing this...it dawned on me that OUR president is part of the reason why every country should maintain a "proper" military.
I intended to offer the idea...that the thought of spending so much on a "military" was starting to be archaic. I was starting to think that the world (in general) had reached a civilized point...thinking that we should only be occupying other country's with our military in justified peace-keeping missions, but even then I would expect to do that with other civilized peace keeping countries, lessening the need of having a massive, costly military...I was thinking that other than those "peace keeping, humanitarian missions" what other reason would we have to invade another country? But now, considering how my country (U.S.) conducts itself, it makes perfect sense for everyone to have a "proper" military, because you'll never know when another "Bush" will rise to power, anytime, anywhere...
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.