Arianna Huffington's Huffington Post is a THUGGISH Jungle
Arianna Huffington is here promoting her new book, I see. She speaks of 'VIGOROUS DISCUSSION' yet will NOT ALLOW it on her blog, Huffington Post. A place where most days each comment must be vetted by a thuggish censor before it appears, rendering conversation impossible, as this process can take hours. On the days that the vetting system is broken, conversation flows.
If Arianna wants vigorous discussion, I am sure she goes elsewhere............such as BigThink, as most commentators at her site are trained to echo her POV.
Her site is one of horrific technical problems; excessive censorship; purging of posts that do not reflect her POV; or are deemed off-topic; and where all posts past and present are purged for minor infractions.
LOOK, there is a revolution brewing at Huffington as many long time bloggers are being abused and anger is rising. Coyote was there 3 years ago when Huffy first started up:
NoSpinTruthZone See Profile I'm a Fan of NoSpinTruthZone
If your posts get deleted.. send a note here:
include the original post. The main moderator here is Volvobirkenstock. He's, more than likely, the one deleting the posts.. though to be safe.. send the message at different times to ensure that different people receive it and the situation is fully known.
The only way to combat cowards is to call them out.
(Volvobirkenstock is a regular commenter)
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
The Bajau people's nomadic lifestyle has given them remarkable adaptions, enabling them to stay underwater for unbelievable periods of time. Their lifestyle, however, is quickly disappearing.
- The Bajau people travel in small flotillas throughout the Phillipines, Malaysia, and Indonesia, hunting fish underwater for food.
- Over the years, practicing this lifestyle has given the Bajau unique adaptations to swimming underwater. Many find it straightforward to dive up to 13 minutes 200 feet below the surface of the ocean.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
We explore the history of blood types and how they are classified to find out what makes the Rh-null type important to science and dangerous for those who live with it.
- Fewer than 50 people worldwide have 'golden blood' — or Rh-null.
- Blood is considered Rh-null if it lacks all of the 61 possible antigens in the Rh system.
- It's also very dangerous to live with this blood type, as so few people have it.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.