are we here yet?
Is it time yet for us to hope? As wisdom and technology become universally accessable (digital divide closed) are we ready to individualize and guarantee educational passage for children in the name of public education and democratic opportunity? Has anyone considered the public-private funding of an electronic portfolio system for each child beginning at three years of age and continuing into professional years, contributions to include best work, measured growth, critiqued and competed for original/creative/mastery-assessed learning, streamed arts, holistic, relational and community development, year-round learning with private and family education pieces. The system would guarantee each child the passage forward when goals are met or exceeded (and no one will be allowed to fail only better educated and counseled and connected-passions may be followed, talents may lead the intellect- goals and benchmarks and assessment tools would be created to help in all selected areas of learning. Learning how to self-assess is most important) with whatever funding is required for continued study and advancement. The greater the successes the greater the funding possibilities. Perhaps when each/every child with will to be educated is reconnected to and made personally responsible for a realizable American dream.we will have our country back.Are we ready to bet public and private funds on the individual children regardless of the institutions they attend? All institutional learning would have to do is facilitate individual goals and meet increasingly global standards. The gap between haves and have-nots might one day disappear. Are we there yet?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.