Are the crusades still happening?
With all of the conflict that seems to be happening around the world one ponders are all of the conflicts of the past really still here just fermenting long enough to reemerge? Are all of the ideologies still in conflict with each other to the point that the extremists of any given one will thrust their will on all of the others given the chance? How will this occur? Is one people one rule ever going to be possible? Is freedom for all while being global possible? Can man look beyond differences to common areas of existence? Is it inevitable that if one of the players can not get their way they will end life for all? How would you describe the winner?
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.