ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT RESIST EVIL, JUST AS EVIL?
The maximum that "Tryanny exists when good people do nothing" is profoundly true. When Vice-President Cheney announced that our Government was going over to the "dark-side," he meant torture which is contrary to all our values as Americans. When his abetters, like Johnny Yoo try to justify his madness, then Berekey Professor of Law Johnny Yoo is perhaps just as evil.
The answer to this crisis of moral leadership in our Government can be found in the Book, Estoeric Psychology by Alice A. Bailey (pp.544,545) "The obessed leaders in all branches of government are shells obsessed by evil entities and hence their dynamic, one-pointed potency, hence also their extreme skill and cunning, based on very ancient evil experiences and hence also the well-night ludicrous falsity of their propaganda. They are devoid of all true feelings and perception, lacking the light of love and understanding, but powerfully animated by materialism. It's time that men woke up to the nature of these beings who seek to enslave humanity. They themselves have been evoked out of their evil past by the material side of humankind. In like manner, the Forces of Light can be evoked in tremendous potency but only by the massed aspiration and spiritual desires of the peoples of the Earth. Of this evocation there are already signs."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.