ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT RESIST EVIL, JUST AS EVIL?
The maximum that "Tryanny exists when good people do nothing" is profoundly true. When Vice-President Cheney announced that our Government was going over to the "dark-side," he meant torture which is contrary to all our values as Americans. When his abetters, like Johnny Yoo try to justify his madness, then Berekey Professor of Law Johnny Yoo is perhaps just as evil.
The answer to this crisis of moral leadership in our Government can be found in the Book, Estoeric Psychology by Alice A. Bailey (pp.544,545) "The obessed leaders in all branches of government are shells obsessed by evil entities and hence their dynamic, one-pointed potency, hence also their extreme skill and cunning, based on very ancient evil experiences and hence also the well-night ludicrous falsity of their propaganda. They are devoid of all true feelings and perception, lacking the light of love and understanding, but powerfully animated by materialism. It's time that men woke up to the nature of these beings who seek to enslave humanity. They themselves have been evoked out of their evil past by the material side of humankind. In like manner, the Forces of Light can be evoked in tremendous potency but only by the massed aspiration and spiritual desires of the peoples of the Earth. Of this evocation there are already signs."
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.