ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT RESIST EVIL, JUST AS EVIL?
The maximum that "Tryanny exists when good people do nothing" is profoundly true. When Vice-President Cheny announced that our Govt. was going over to the "dark-side," he meant torture which is contrary to all our values as Americans. When his abetters, like Johnny Yoo try to justify his madness, then Berekey Professor of Law Johnny Yoo is perhaps just as evil.
The answer to this crisis of moral leadership in our Government can be found in the Book, Estoeric Psychology by Alice A. Bailey (pp.544,545) "The obessed leaders in all branches of government are shells obsessed by evil entities and hence their dynamic, one-pointed potency, hence also their extreme skill and cunning, based on very ancient evil experiences and hence also the well-night ludicrous falsity of their propaganda. They are devoid of all true feelings and perception, lacking the light of love and understanding, but powerfully animated by materialism. It's time that men woke up to the nature of these beings who seek to enslave humanity. They themselves have been evoked out of their evil past by the material side of humankind. In like manner, the Forces of Light can be evoked in tremendous potency but only by the massed aspiration and spiritual desires of the peoples of the Earth. Of this evocation there are already signs."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Oxfam report prompted Anand Giridharadas to tweet: "Don't be Pinkered into everything's-getting-better complacency."
- A new report by Oxfam argues that wealth inequality is causing poverty and misery around the world.
- In the last year, the world's billionaires saw their wealth increase by 12%, while the poorest 3.8 billion people on the planet lost 11% of their wealth.
- The report prompted Anand Giridharadas to tweet: "Don't be Pinkered into everything's-getting-better complacency." We explain what Steven Pinker's got to do with it.
Moans, groans, and gripes release stress hormones in the brain.
Could you give up complaining for a whole month? That's the crux of this interesting piece by Jessica Hullinger over at Fast Company. Hullinger explores the reasons why humans are so predisposed to griping and why, despite these predispositions, we should all try to complain less. As for no complaining for a month, that was the goal for people enrolled in the Complaint Restraint project.
Participants sought to go the entirety of February without so much as a moan, groan, or bellyache.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- Creating a more connected world and indexing the world's information: what could be better than that?
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.