Agreeing to Education as the Key
Education, learning, absorbing, listening, receiving input, pursuit of self-awareness is (are) the answer to all; preventing potential and correcting active problems in our existence.
We can hope and help - the virtual world of information and knowledge continue to grow/evolve in accessibility to more and more of the majority of human beings. And that the majority of individuals choice will be based in humbleness by being open to multiple perspectives to draw balanced conclusions as to how to execute right, beneficial decisions/actions.
When young, hungry-to-belong-and-believe minds throughout the world are not allowed a balanced education nor encouraged to 'see' beyond the borders, you are right, they are more easily molded into human bombs vs. a human 'becomings.'
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
The rise of anti-scientific thinking and conspiracy is a concerning trend.
- Fifty years later after one of the greatest achievements of mankind, there's a growing number of moon landing deniers. They are part of a larger trend of anti-scientific thinking.
- Climate change, anti-vaccination and other assorted conspiratorial mindsets are a detriment and show a tangible impediment to fostering real progress or societal change.
- All of these separate anti-scientific beliefs share a troubling root of intellectual dishonesty and ignorance.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.