More than 5000 View Speaking Science 2.0 on YouTube
Thanks to a post by DarkSyde over at Daily Kos, the You Tube clip of our Speaking Science 2.0 presentation has been viewed more than 5,000 times. Here's a time annotated guide to the sections of our talk:
1. Mooney introduction of themes 0:00-6:25
2. Nisbet on popular science vs. framing 6:25-17:07
3. Mooney on case study of intelligent design-creationism 17:07-25:35
4. Nisbet on case study of stem cell research 25:38-36:00
5. Nisbet on case study of global warming 36:00-43:30
6. Mooney on case study of hurricane-global warming debate 43:30-51:15
7. Nisbet on new directions in science communication 51:15-60:30
8. Question & Answer 60:30-71:06
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.