Gingrich DVD Doc on Energy Future
Following on the heels of Expelled and Obsession, a film warning of radical
Islam, there's more signs that the Right has discovered documentary film as a strategic communication tool to shape policy and mobilize their base.
Newt Gingrich in TV news appearances is promoting his new film on America's energy problem (trailer above). From the description for the film, hosted with his wife:
Citizens United Productions brings you our latest groundbreaking documentary, WE HAVE THE POWER. Today, America is under assault from key oil producing states - some of which are radical regimes whose energy prices and policies are systematically undermining our economy, our national security, and the American way of life. We pay a hefty ransom - two billion dollars every day - to the likes of Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Venezuela, among other foreign powers. Americans are sick and tired of our broken energy policy.
WE HAVE THE POWER highlights America's need to adopt our World War II mentality of "Do it all, Do it now" by tapping into all of our abundant energy resources. We owe it to future generations to explore the vast amount of oil and gas in the Outer Continental Shelf, Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), as well as our other vital energy resources including Hydroelectric Power, Wind Power, Oil Shale, Natural Gas, Gas Hydrates, Hydrogen, BioFuels, Solar Power, Clean Coal and Nuclear Power.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.