Do Hurricanes Give Giuliani an Edge in Florida?
One of the political predictions I've heard goes like this: since Florida is frequently hit by hurricanes, competency at emergency preparedness is more of a salient consideration for Floridians, and that gives Rudy Giuliani an edge in the primary. What do readers think?
Assuming emergency preparedness is a salient issue for GOP primary voters, it would be a classic example of priming in campaign effects: the more salient an issue for the public, the more likely the issue becomes the chief criteria by which voters evaluate candidates. To see how this works, read this article at the Washington Post on priming 9/11.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.