You Can Vote for Me in the 3 Quarks Daily Philosophy Prize 2012
I'm happy to report that my post on the moral significance of sex workers and people with disabilities has made it into the nominees for the 3 Quarks Daily Philosophy Prize 2012. While I want to urge you to vote for my post - obviously, I'm not going to pretend otherwise - I also think you should read my fellow nominees' excellent posts and vote accordingly.
You can vote by clicking here [I'm the 6th from the top]. And please do share, even if you didn't vote for me. 3 Quarks Daily is not only an important website, but was one that gave me a starting platform. They're a great aggregate site, produce original, award-winning content and are endorsed by numerous brilliant thinkers.
My top 3 particular picks from the nominees from what I've read include:
1. The Philosopher's Beard - Democracy is not a truth machine [link] (He still writes my favourite original ethics and public philosophy blog)
2. FauxPhilNews - Kripke resigns as report alleges that he faked results of thought experiments [link]
3. Words, Ideas and Things - The Heterosexual Redefinition of Marriage [link]
Happy reading and voting. Please share the links above to 3QD.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.