After Kurzweil's Singularity
We need to start making an ongoing video or audio record of our interactions with our favorite personal friends and family. We need to create little groups or clubs around each of these individuals. After the Singularity we will be able to recreate the personalities of these folks and install them in replicas so they can continue peopling our worlds. They could be also be installed into pets, opposite sex replicas, or their characteristics could be mixed to create a new personal friend that contains all the best or favorite elements of our dear ones. There is a new industry here!
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.