Achieve Your American Dream
Why do we have a standard definition of the American Dream when everything else in our lives are customized? Should we break down the American Dream into its components (self, career, marriage, home, children)? Can we identify the stresses that affect these components like financial, time and social stresses? What gives our life depth... is it happiness, financial success and achievements? I call this structure the Matrix of Life in my book Achieve Your American Dream.
I believe that upon breaking the American Dream down into these components, you can then build it back up based on our own personal desires. You then need to validate your desires by ensuring you have the time AND money (Allowing yourself to become emotionally excited about something that is logistically impossible will guarantee you great frustration in life). This type of process will allow each individual to achieve their own American Dream so they can maximize their personal level of happiness and success.
What do you think?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Words aren't just words. They stich together our social fabric, helping establish and maintain relationships.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- For many, this burden can be alleviated by becoming familiar with some straightforward financial concepts.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.