About Our Interviews
The interviews are just one aspect of the site. They are meant to spark discussion by giving you examples of what today’s leaders think about broader issues, rather than the blow-by-blow nitty-gritty you see on network news. \n\nTo make our guests more accessible, we’ve interviewed them using a technique developed by documentarian Errol Morris. This method slices out the interviewer, and gives you direct eye contact with the person being interviewed. \n\nAs of November 2007, we have interviewed academics, politicians, writers, artists and presidential candidates, with many more on the way. We also have an expert network of leaders in their fields who will regularly update us on developments in areas ranging from medicine to show business. Now you get to sit in the interviewer’s chair and watch the best of the best explain the world as they see it.\n\nStay tuned for regularly added new content!
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.