A question for Christians.
This is probably a question I wouldn't pose to my church, they may ask me to leave. I am hoping that my brothers and sisters in Christ on here are a little more tolerant to my biblical questions. Most of this information I put as a statement to Musycks about why I trust and Love the Gnostic Gospels. I look forward to what any other Christians think about these observations from one who accepts and acknowledges the Lord is my Saviour.
Do you guys understand the council of Nicea and the political aspects that occured there to suppress the equality of the sexes? There were numerous Pharisee and Saducee in this event that were there to argue for books in the compilation of the Old Testament. These were the same Pharisee and Saducee that our Lord called "hypocrites" and "far from salvation of the Lord". Why now that we know the origin of our Holy Bible do we hold onto these men's 69 (if your catholic) or 66 books (if your Protestant) as more highly regarded than other known ancient texts of our Lord? (ie Gospel of Mary, Phillip, Bartholomew, Sophia) Our own word acknowledges the closeness of Mary to Jesus in all the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
The God Breathed argument of the Holy Bible is quickly argued against, in my interpretation by Jesus who claims "Moses had to make laws for your hardened hearts" Also without HIS proclamation of a need for a "Holy Book" how can I call a man God (which as a Christian I believe he is) without acknowledging that he may not need the book?
The majority of New Testament texts were really just letter's to the new Church's none of which (and I've read the Holy Bible well over 15x) in the varying letter's claim the need to be connected to a bunch of other letter's and accounts for God.
Finally, one of the final verses of the bible in the book of Revelations 22:18 "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone ADDS anything to them, God will take aways from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city which are describe in this book." Something tells me the author of the book of Revelations had NO INTENTION of having 65 other books ADDED to this work of prophecy.
That being said my Lord did say that
"Heaven and earth will pass; but my words will never fade away." So I know the need for him to have works that were collected that would allow us to contemplate the depth of his thinking.
I just don't believe we need a word that was put into effect by Constatine and not the heart of his works as in accordance to the Gospels.
What are your thoughts my fellow Christians?
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.