A new Belief
This Belief not religion is called Humanism
Dont let religions rules interfer with humanitys cooperation (dont let religion come inbetween humanitys peace, while leting people have there opinions.) wars have been fought because of religion which caused humanity to suffer humanity can be epaceful toward itself. all religion has peaceful intentions yet there ideas faction up people because there religions all say theres is the only true religion and that is why there why the have confrentation. in my religion humanity betterment comes before religions views to keep ourselfs cooperating with one anther instead of fighting over some idea that we can never proof to realy even exsist.
people in all across the planet believe in something like a religion or belief of things without sienctific proof. they all explain the unknown like a god that needs belief in him and if you dont listen to "gods" rules you wont go to heaven a "good place" that makes it easier for people to die for his cause and to influence the people into liking this religion. like the mormons they have a religion a little diffrent then the christains only because some guy said he found tablets of the bible in new york. one of the big things the bible said you are going to have a few virgin wifes. and that men can have these huge familys. people accepted this religion out of the benifits that they earn from there after life. people only like religion because of your after lifes benifits. you wouldnt join a faith that said you will die and be a wisp going throughout the world as a thought entity. that wouldnt be as fun as being a person in a golden world that can visit with there entire familiy forever. thats why christianity is likable. anyways my theory on religion is this your thoughts on what an afterlife are become your afterlife as you die. unless your brain gets totally fucked up. your belief like a golden city or whatever (mine is a one nation species that rules the species with a humane and unprejudice on religious beliefs while not letting religion interfer with humanity. so put your species before your religious belief and dont let religious diffrences push disunification and destrution on our species any longer or at least in my afterlife. mayb in this life.) -Joseph bute
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
Antimicrobial resistance is growing worldwide, rendering many "work horse" medicines ineffective. Without intervention, drug-resistant pathogens could lead to millions of deaths by 2050. Thankfully, companies like Pfizer are taking action.
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- As we get older, our immune systems age, increasing our risk of life threatening infections. Without reliable antibiotics, life expectancy could decline for the first time in modern history.
- If antibiotics become ineffective, common infections could result in hospitalization or even death. Life-saving interventions like cancer treatments and organ transplantation would become more difficult, more often resulting in death. Routine procedures would become hard to perform.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
- By taking a multi-faceted approach—inclusive of adherence to good stewardship, surveillance and responsible manufacturing practices, as well as an emphasis on prevention and treatment—companies like Pfizer are fighting to help curb the spread.
Journalism got a big wake up call in 2016. Can we be optimistic about the future of media?
- "[T]o have a democracy that thrives and actually that manages to stay alive at all, you need regular citizens being able to get good, solid information," says Craig Newmark.
- The only constructive way to deal with fake news? Support trustworthy media. In 2018, Newmark was announced as a major donor of two new media organizations, The City, which will report on New York City-area stories which may have otherwise gone unreported, and The Markup, which will report on technology.
- Greater transparency of fact-checking within media organizations could help confront and correct fake news. Organizations already exist to make media more trustworthy — are we using them? There's The Trust Project, International Fact-Checkers Network, and Tech & Check.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.