A Healthy Environment for a Healthy You
saving environment is paramount to saving ourselves
Have you ever consider dealing with environmental issues as you deal with our own health issues?How can someone disregards environment as one of the causes of unhealthy living? Come to think of it, If you’re a runner will you have a place to run or jog or even walk if your living in a polluted environment? If your a vegetarian, how sure you are that you are your fruits and veggies are safe for eating if your farmers rampantly uses pesticides and other chemicals.For me saving environment is paramount to saving ourselves…and…The greatest culprit to our unhealthy environment is our WASTE.As individuals, no matter how small we stand in our community, we have a big responsibility and contribution in keeping our own waste. If it will not start within us, who else will?Speaking about about the tons of electronic waste, can’t we do anything about it? I believe we can…Take for example our old and defective computers. Does it need to be in the junk right away? It doesn’t have to.Old and defective computers can still be treasures to us. It can still be repaired, optimized and upgraded, then reuse it again. I’ve done such to mine and it saves me bucks. You can learn more on how to fix, repair or upgrade old computers at columbus computer repair or doing a search on Google. There are are a number of options in the web like downloadables, online technicians and home services.Aside from reusing old electronic stuff, we can also sell it during garage sale or even donate it to less fortunate families that treasures our worn out stuff. Recycling and reusing is the best method or answer to our non biodegradable waste.As we start to indulge in our personal health programs, try starting an environmental program with our own homes…Try it, it will surely work!!!
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
The Bajau people's nomadic lifestyle has given them remarkable adaptions, enabling them to stay underwater for unbelievable periods of time. Their lifestyle, however, is quickly disappearing.
- The Bajau people travel in small flotillas throughout the Phillipines, Malaysia, and Indonesia, hunting fish underwater for food.
- Over the years, practicing this lifestyle has given the Bajau unique adaptations to swimming underwater. Many find it straightforward to dive up to 13 minutes 200 feet below the surface of the ocean.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
We explore the history of blood types and how they are classified to find out what makes the Rh-null type important to science and dangerous for those who live with it.
- Fewer than 50 people worldwide have 'golden blood' — or Rh-null.
- Blood is considered Rh-null if it lacks all of the 61 possible antigens in the Rh system.
- It's also very dangerous to live with this blood type, as so few people have it.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.