A Health Insurance Voucher for everyone.
The basic problem with our healthcare system is financing. The government should not do everything nor should it be involved in the micromanaging of healthcare.
What I am proposing is a straight forward voucher system. The individual would be given a voucher, which would be based upon 2/3 the costs of a basic healthcare package. This would leave 1/3 of the costs to the individual and or business, as well as any additions giving the individual and or business choices to make. The vouchers would be given to everyone no matter how rich or poor, so as to create a sense of fairness. Additionally, I propose that the system be paid for through sales taxes. This may require the federal government provide some kind of initial incentive to states, which give this system a try, as it may be quite complicated and unpopular for the federal government to begin a sales tax. The incentive would run it's couse after a couple of years. Utilizing a sales tax would only make sense for such a voucher program, since income taxes tend to be paid in lump sums for some people, which would wipe out the vouchers benefit.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.