Roubini Fiddles While America Burns
Does everyone need to suffer? Should an image of Nouriel Roubini as standard-level modelizer trouble us? Probably not. As much as we might like the idea of him holed up in his—economics laboratory?—minding the meltdown and writing his Roubini Global Monitor posts, Wise Men have proved through the ages that there’s no direct correlation between interest in women and effectiveness as global leaders.
Rather, au contraire examples are too myriad and obvious to mention.
Yet the image described here (thanks, Gawker) of Slim, Paulson, Ferguson and Roubini having such fun, avec femmes, is a provocative ideological set piece. The imagined combination of mathematical genius and cocktails would make Tom Stoppard smile. Et in Arcadia ego, indeed.
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The closer together we get, the argument goes, the healthier we'll be.
- The more exposed we are to each other, the less surprising a pathogen will be to our bodies.
- Terrorism, high blood pressure, and staffing issues threaten to derail progress.
- Pursuing global health has to be an active choice.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.