We've All Been Apple-ized, For the Better
What does it mean that the world has become Apple-ized? Apple's competitors start acting more like Apple, and consumers start appreciating more what Apple does best.
The world is getting Apple-ized, in this way: Apple's competitors start acting more like Apple. I think consumers start appreciating more what Apple does. People go out looking for something that's nicely designed and that's simple to use whether or not it comes from Apple.
So in a way the world is being Apple-ized, but Apple isn’t necessarily a prime beneficiary of that, although currently they certainly are.
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
You wouldn't think even a 10-second break would help, but it does.
Some books had a profound influence on Einstein's thinking and theories.
- Einstein had a large library and was a voracious reader.
- The famous physicist admitted that some books influenced his thinking.
- The books he preferred were mostly philosophical and scientific in nature.
Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.