The Dalai Lama is on Instagram
The Dalai Lama is a busy man traveling the world meeting with world leaders and members of the Tibetan diaspora. Now you can keep up with his journeys by following the Dalai Lama on Instagram. Yes, everything from what he ate for lunch today to the view outside of his airplane window at sunset is there! We're just kidding.
Checking out his first posted photos, we see that his Holiness recently spoke to students at a school in India and also attended an inter-faith meeting , also in India. Like all icons, he posted the obligatory photo with one of social media's rock stars, President Barack Obama.
One of the best photos, however, shows the Dalai Lama looking overjoyed to receive a traditional Tibetan welcome in San Francisco. He is known to do much work to support Tibetan communities around the world and encourage Tibetan cultural traditions.
So far, his Holiness has over eighteen thousand followers. Will you be following him?
Image credit: Mihai Romanciuc/Flickr
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Two massive clouds of dust in orbit around the Earth have been discussed for years and finally proven to exist.
- Hungarian astronomers have proven the existence of two "pseudo-satellites" in orbit around the earth.
- These dust clouds were first discovered in the sixties, but are so difficult to spot that scientists have debated their existence since then.
- The findings may be used to decide where to put satellites in the future and will have to be considered when interplanetary space missions are undertaken.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.