3 beliefs about life
Here are 3 beliefs about life that I hold inside and do not share:
I believe that our species is capable of incredible achievements and advancements, yet I strongly believe that human evolution is impeded by the EGO (and all that feeds into it). We as people do not act out of the natural harmony of love... we REact out of the control of the ego (manifested as greed, fear, racism, intolerance, hatered, selfishness, ignorance, etc etc).
More than 3 decades ago I told my father I believed that when I grow up millions of regular people will be driving trucks and that millions more will die over the oil to run those trucks and from the pollution those trucks generate (even as a child I would think too much about things out of my control). For the past few years I secretly believe that within 5 generations (or so) everyone will be part asian! I strongly believe that modern day personal technology is having a huge impact in our lives and relationships... we are SO connected that we've lost the connection. Information and stimulation is so readily at our fingertips, we're losing the human touch/interaction, we're losing ourselves. I enjoy it myself (don't get me wrong) however I employ moderation and still utilize old school forms of stimulation (pen & papper, live experiences, etc). The children of today (& 2morrow) will have very different relationships & social experiences which I believe will dramatically impact their individual personality and health (in a potentially negative way).
I believe that love & laughter should be a religion that everyone in the world practices! I believe there is too much ego in religion as we know it, and I think we can rise above it. NO ONE is better or chosen more, or higher than ANOTHER person. We are all affected by the same gravity, we all live on the same rock. We ALL need to get over ourselves & grow up the evolutionary ladder to fulfill a greater mission within ourselves as a whole.
These are a few things I believe in, which come from within me... no outside sources or influences. Just my crazy head sharing with the world and hoping to find folk of like mind to converse with & possibly become inspired or empowered by and maybe I'll even learn something! (hahaha... I learn something new every day. Day's not complete if I didn't!)
Love & Thanks to and for all.
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.