11-28 ISTE conference keynote update - Jeffrey Piontek widens lead over Chris Lehmann
Here is the current leaderboard for the ISTE conference keynote crowdsourcing project. Jeffrey Piontek has widened his lead slightly over Chris Lehmann. Alan November also is moving quickly up the charts.
FYI, if you count totals across ALL categories, Chris Lehmann would be in the lead with 462 votes. Also, Michael Wesch would be tied with David Pogue for fourth with 199 votes and Will Richardson would be on the list with 107 votes.
I'll try to post a daily update between now and December 15. Have you voted yet?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.