Three-Wheel Car Could Get Up to 84 Miles Per Gallon
A startup called Elio Motors is preparing to launch a $6,800 car in 2015 that boats impressive efficiency - up to 84 miles per gallon for highway driving (49 miles per gallon for urban driving).
An ultra-high fuel economy car was unveiled at a satellite event during the the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. A startup called Elio Motors is preparing to launch a $6,800 car in 2015 that boats impressive efficiency - up to 84 miles per gallon for highway driving (49 miles per gallon for urban driving).
The prototype, shown above, has two wheels in front and a single rear wheel.
Learn more here.
It marks another milestone in SpaceX's long-standing effort to make spaceflight cheaper.
- SpaceX launched Falcon Heavy into space early Tuesday morning.
- A part of its nosecone – known as a fairing – descended back to Earth using special parachutes.
- A net-outfitted boat in the Atlantic Ocean successfully caught the reusable fairing, likely saving the company millions of dollars.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
The world's richest people could breeze through a climate disaster – for a price.
- A new report from a United Nation expert warns that an over-reliance on the private sector to mitigate climate change could cause a "climate apartheid."
- The report criticizes several countries, including the U.S., for taking "short-sighted steps in the wrong direction."
- The world's poorest populations are most vulnerable to climate change even though they generally contribute the least to global emissions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.